What you will do:
Coordinate of maintain updated drawing information needed to assemble Louvers and Damper products. Keep adherence to our drawing production requirements while introducing new products, BOMs, and tracking 4DX improvements. Confirm engineering change notices (ECNs) and ensure they are being properly implemented at the JCI Juarez Plant.
How you will do it:
- Coordinate and lead local engineering team to achieve the drawing jobs at hand
- Responsible of new products introduction (NPI) launches and continuous product design improvements.
- Generates material cost reduction ideas (VA/VE) developing action plans to achieve savings goals.
- Present weekly 4DX reports and WIG goal commitments
- Assure information to build Louvers/Damper products are at their latest revision level maintaining constant communication with Engineering Design Centers
- Provide technical support to the productive areas. Facilitate the comprehension of all the information available to build Louvers and Damper products
- Be proficient at preparing, checking, and coordinating the release of documentation to support Louvers and Damper products.
- Provide feedback to design engineering to improve the Louvers and Damper products (either current designs / NPI / VA)
- Participate actively on the Louvers and Damper products Plant initiatives (GMOC, LPA, Safety Subcommittees, etc.)
- DFM Champion; Coordinate cross functional meetings (MSO)
- Participate in Risk Assessments
- Foster and maintain security policy, health and environment at work.
- To support the committees in identifying risks and environmental aspects.
- Participate in Training programs.
- Identify training needs in safety, health and environment.
- Train your staff in procedures and instructions.
- Define corrective and preventive actions.
- Control system logs in your area.
- Develop, review procedures and instructions.
- Intervene personally identify and correct unsafe acts and recognize safe behavior
- Identify and report potential environmental impact
- Analyze and prevent the consequences of all actions before any activity
Mechanical or Civil Engineering Bachelor's degree, Master degree in Engineering or Design is desirable. Experience required a minimum of five years of progressive experience in HVAC/Metal-Mechanic industry, Manufacture Processes, and Projects Administration; including two or more years of direct project management experience, professional recognition and industry networking are desired, a high-level of proficiency in speaking to large audiences, able to lead and direct diverse teams, able to travel up to 10% of the time, bilingual speaking in both English and Spanish, documentation 100% in English, MRP Systems (AS400) and strong Personal Computer working capability in MS Office Suite, AutoCAD, Design Software.