Only résumés in english will be accepted and reviewed
Imerys is a world leader in creating specialty solutions that improve everyday life through minerals. Our success is built on our people, and creating an environment where our 17,800 employees around the globe can thrive.
We passionately believe that our teams are at their best when they have the opportunity to learn, collaborate and find new ways to solve our customers' challenges, no matter what part of the business they are in.
We can offer you a variety of work and real opportunities to make an impact and be part of our evolution.
As a Process Engineer, you will lead development, engineering, and analyze process systems and technology for improving efficiencies on existing systems or new processes by quantifying and communicating process technology to management, production, maintenance and plant personnel.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Supervise the status of the slurries production process, evaluating that the production formats are filled correctly and that the result of the final product, agrees with the specifications of the same; to guarantee the compromised quality of the product.
- Verify the specifications of the input of raw material to the production process, analyzing that the certificates of origin of the materials are within the ranges accepted for processing, and taking corresponding actions if they leave the parameters; in order to decrease the reprocessing of the finished product.
- Generate the SOPs of all the Departments of Imerys Ceramics Mexico, either new or updated; doing an analysis prior to the creation of the SOP, later a proposal is generated that is reviewed in conjunction with the person in charge and their Line Manager, if there is a modification is made, and finally the approval is obtained; with the purpose of defining and standardizing the processes.
- Coordinate investment projects, as well as those that modify the production process within Imerys Ceramics Mexico, ensuring that resources are available in a timely manner, and then coordinating all parties involved to fulfill their part.
- Evaluate faults in the slurry production system, carrying out root cause analysis, then determine the action plan to be taken, then assign a responsible person, and finally validate the implementation of said plan; with the purpose of reducing the recurrence of faults.
- Develop and carry out continuous improvement projects in the production process, using concepts of Lean Manufacturing, and Six Sigma; with the purpose of reducing costs, making time efficient, and / or improving customer satisfaction.
Education and experience requirements:
- BS Degree: chemical, mechanical engineering, or electrical engineering
- 2-3 years engineering experience
- Working knowledge of engineering principles, theories, concepts & techniques.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma
- Strong understanding of process automation.
- Working knowledge of PLC process control systems and instrumentation.
IMERYS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.