We are looking to hire a Mechanical Project Engineer who will work onsite assisting one of SSOE's clients in the commissioning and startup of their plant. Desired candidates will have a mechanical engineering background and must be familiar with automotive plant facilities and equipment.
As a Project Engineer you will evaluate existing systems through field observation, investigation and testing. You will determine root cause issues and develop corrective action plans to submit to the Owner.
You will be expected to work off hours, as required for testing, and occasional weekend or holiday hours to take advantage of plant shutdowns for easier access to systems.
You will obtain field data, developing engineering reports and cost estimates to review with the Owner. You will have interface with the contractor and trades onsite.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Will work on mechanical system start up. These systems include piping systems including heating and hot water, small boiler systems, chilled water, air, and cooling water systems
- Will observe the work of the mechanical contractor and serve as an owners representative to ensure work is being completed on time and to scope.
- Will be responsible for creating daily, weekly, and monthly reports back to the owner
- Represent the owner's best interest in the field
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- ?Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Plant experience required
- Must be bi-lingual (Spanish and English)
- Must demonstrate an ability to mange their own work with limited supervision
- Must be able to communicate effective with all stakeholders (owner, contractors, trades, AE, etc)
- Strong background in utility and process piping