The Structural Engineer will coordinate with the US team to develop drawing packages as well as scope documents and specifications for projects in both the US and Mexico. The ideal candidate will have a degree in structural engineering, with 5 to 10 years of relevant professional experience.
Ability to work within project budgets and schedules, Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time, Organizational capabilities, including coordinating work with other disciplines.
Experienced in structural design inclusive of concrete, foundations, reinforcement of concrete design, and industrial steel building design. Familiar with consultant business practices and ideally some experience in a manufacturing facility. Coordinate with Department Manager, Section Manager and Team Leaders for technical solutions, conceptual design, manpower and staffing needs. Work with project managers and other engineers to develop project plans and scopes. Work with client engineers to make sure designs meet the client needs.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Performs design work on CADD.
- Receives instructions on specific assignment objectives, complex features, and assistance in deriving possible solutions to unusual problems.
- Exercises judgment in making adaptations or modifications to design concepts.
- Reviews work with supervisor to ensure the application of sound engineering practices and professional judgment.
- May write portions of specifications and assist in preparing cost estimates.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- ?BS Degree in Civil / Structural Engineering.
- 5 to 10 year of proven experience on Structural Design; Concrete, Foundations, Reinforcement of Concrete design, Industrial Steel building design.
- Experience in Automotive plant production and construction.
- Knowledge for the Mexican structural building code is preferred.
- Must be experienced in AutoCAD, Revit is preferred.
- Must be bi-lingual in both Spanish and English.
- Effective communication, organization and problem solving skills.