SSOE Group is currently seeking a Electrical Designer to join our team. The Electrical Designer will support, large scale industrial and manufacturing projects consisting of low and medium power distribution, lighting and communication systems. As part of an international design firm and working with a USA based team, you will leverage Revit, and other modeling software to provide value based design for our world-class clients.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Analyze sketches, notes and other input materials to determine and plan the best approach to prepare drawings.
- Prepare basic drawing set-up and layouts.
- Ability to model or draft design into completed working details and drawings through interpretation of the design and application of design fundamentals
- May perform routine design calculations for the review of the project engineer.
- Research design options for the project engineer.
- Communicate and collaborate in team environments, some interaction with client and/ or site visits.
- Consults with supervisor/engineer to screen assignments for unusual or difficult problems and selects appropriate methods and techniques to apply.
- Exercises judgment for some aspects of design, but receives supervision and direct input on new aspects of assignment.
- Communicates with supervisor/engineer concerning progress or problems in an assigned task.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- ?Associates Degree or higher in Engineering related field with a electrical focus
- Effective written and oral communication, organization and problem solving skills.
- Proficient bilingual English-Spanish communication
- 2-5 years of experience in industrial projects or creation of construction documents. Revit modeling platform is preferred.
- Direct experience producing construction documents.
- Working knowledge of Mexican and International codes, preferred experience with NFPA 70
- Available for travel out of town, province, and to USA