1) Solution Creation
- Prototype data solutions to meet the needs of both the organization and business customers.
- Able to breakdown data issues and also resolve them.
2) Proof-of-Concept Coding
- Code proof-of-concepts--to be scaled with partnership from IT
- Utilize a working knowledge of multiple coding languages
- Use foresight to leverage reusable code modules to solve problems across the team and organization through proof-of-concept solutions.
3) Business Intelligence Creation
- Apply understanding of the visualization techniques and user experience
- Design and develop data solutions that enable effective self-service data consumption
- Set expectations for owned deliverables; knowledge of Agile techniques
- Leverage external trends to advance the maturity of the organization
5) Solution Care & Maintenance
- Maintain proof-of-concepts and prototyped solutions, providing first level support.
- Help assess whether proof-of-concepts are viable and should be scaled with partnership from IT.
- Partner with IT to build robust systems with an eye on the long term and ongoing maintenance and support of the application.
- Effectively transfers and absorb knowledge through documentation and processes management.
6) Data Quality
- Ensure data solutions include the activities and deliverables required to achieve high data quality.
7) Data Governance
- Appropriately apply principles of metadata, lineage, business definitions, compliance, and data security with project work
8) Data Strategy
- Ability to grasp new technologies rapidly as needed to progress varied initiatives.
9) Prioritization & Value
- Able to describe value of data solutions
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline.
- 2+ years experience in coding in data management, data warehousing or other data environments.
- Familiarity with Data Science tools and concepts
- Proven knowledge and experience in relevant data technologies and languages
- Preferred 2+ years experience with NoSQL implementation (Mongo, Cassandra, etc. a plus)
- Preferred 2+ years experience with Relational Databases Systems and SQL
- Preferred 2+ years experience designing, developing and implementing ETL
- Preferred (in-depth) experience with the Hadoop stack (MapReduce, Pig, Hive, Hbase)
- Experience with enterprise reporting tools, such as MicroStrategy, is required
- Familiarity with Agile engineering practices is a plus
- Preferred 2+ years experience developing Java based software solutions
- Preferred 2+ years experience with UNIX/Linux inclusive of basic commands and shell scripting
- Preferred 2+ years experience developing software solutions to solve complex business decisions
- Experience with recognized industry patterns, methodologies, and tec