At Essity we are looking for a Technical Fiber Buyer to manage Domestic Sourcing of Recovered Fiber and manage the Import and Pulp Inbound/Planning from USA to the MX Mills.
Responsible of the day to day activities and Participate in the Strategy Plan for sourcing strategies and cost saving opportunities in alignment with the departmental objectives while meeting quality, time and service needs of the projects.
Location of the role: Ciudad Sahagún Site. The role also supports Uruapan and Monterrey Sites.
Will be reporting to Fiber Sourcing Manager Mexico.
- First Point of Contact between Ciudad Sahagún Site and Fiber Team.
- Cross functional collaboration with key functions like PS/Quality/Marketing/Controlling.
- Participation in Weekly/Monthly Meetings and Projects based in Cd. Sahagún.
- Manage waste paper pickups based on the mill and supplier needs, service, arrival dates, equipment restrictions and availability.
- Execution of sourcing strategies in line with departmental strategic objectives to deliver savings.
- Customer Service with Internal and External Customers. Solve Quality Claims.
- Generate and Process Purchase Orders from the negotiation to the delivery.
- Assure supplier development via active participation and input in cross functional supplier assessment/development activities.
- Day to day activities: WC Targets, Shipment Schedule Tracking, etc
- Accept responsibility and accountability for regional volume targets to meet consumption requirements.
- Be able to communicate effectively with external/internal customers and work as a team member.
- Work beyond normal work schedule, as necessary, to fulfill the position's responsibilities.
- Follow and Accomplish Sustainable Sourcing Targets of the Unit.
- Other activities related to the scope and design of the role will be explained on the interview.
- University Degree ? Chemical Engineer or Related (Food Technology Eng or Paper Tech Eng).
- Experience: Minimum 3 years in logistics, sourcing or related. Preferred with experience in Paper or Deinking Process Manufacturing.
- Willingness to learn about Recovered Paper Market and the industry publications.
- Demonstrated proficiency working with Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, SAP.
- Demonstrated experience working with and managing databases.
- Must have good organizational and analytical problem-solving skills along with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and be self-motivated and be a team player. Proactive.
- Follow the chain of command.
- English 90%.
- Able to travel 50% of the time to current and new sources. (Suppliers in all MX Regions).
- International Travel ? Passport and Visa Required
- Driver License.