Responsible for maintaining compliance to quality system management certification while ensuring customer satisfaction and support for the product and services that BHTC provides. Provide liaison support between BHTC and contract manufacturing companies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Certification maintenance, coordination, facilitation mandated for doing business with the automotive industry.
2. Handling of quality rejections, included but not limited to the acknowledgment, analysis, keeping of statistics for 0 miles plus field, coordination with the plant, customer and BHTC Germany.
3. All line release documentation (PPAP submissions) per the customer requirements and approval.
4. Supervise/coordinate gauge calibration activity to ensure confidence in data obtained.
5. Develop inspection instruction for incoming to verify proper material is received.
6. Customer liaison to ensure good communication/relationship.
7. Participate, facilitate, and coordinate corrective and preventative actions through a thorough approach to problem solving.
8. APQP team involvement to participate in program/process development (DFMEA, PFMEA, Capability Studies, control plan, etc.).
9. Coordination of customer quality rejections, analysis, internal and external report (8D or other), statistical record keeping, and implementation of corrective action, and continuous improvement.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Five (5) to seven (7) years experience in a manufacturing environment with minimum of three (3) years in electronic components engineering preferred
· Bachelor degree preferred or related field
· Strong knowledge of TS16949, electronics and manufacturing process, statistics and problem solving methods.
· Two years experience and knowledge of blueprints, project development, QA systems (APQP, PPAP/PSO).
· Experience in the automotive industry and in relations with automotive customers such as VW, AUDI, BMW, Mercedes Benz, GM, Chrysler, Ford
· Good communication and presentation skills, including oral and written
· Some travel required to customers and corporate locations.
· German or English language skills preferred
· IPC 610 (current revision) training is a plus