Global Automotive Company in expansion looking for Senior Electric Drives Systems Engineer
Global Automotive Company leader in their sector.
The main responsibilities are to:
- Perform analysis and design of the electric drive system consisting of electric machines, power electronics, control systems, and related systems. Make recommendations to optimize system performance, while meeting the application requirements.
- Define and develop the engineering requirements for electric drive systems.
- Work with vehicle product engineers to integrate the electric drive system into the vehicle. This involves designing electric drive system interfaces and specifying the related vehicle systems.
- Develop appropriate system models representing the dynamics of the electric drive components, systems, vehicle interactions, and control algorithms.
- Execute test or analysis plans for product verification and validation of electric drive components and systems.
- Understand, drive design of, and implement motor controller functionality, behaviors, and algorithms
Degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechatronics. Greater than 3 years of experience in implementation of controls in traction motor or other inverter-fed drives and In-depth understanding of torque control techniques such as slip-based control, field oriented control, direct torque control. System-oriented understanding of thermal, vehicle-level torque control, high voltage DC-link integration, efficiency optimization, and firmware integration for electric drives. Proficiency in MATLAB/SIMULINK or similar simulation tools. Capability of delivering high-quality C code in an embedded microcontroller environment. Fluent English.
- Attractive compensation package
- Above the law benefits