We are looking for a candidate for one of our clients - Hotwire. As a travel provider laser-focused on low prices, we're growing faster. At Hotwire, we mix creativity, analytics, and a casual environment in order to get new products and services to market quickly. Hotwire is an operating company of Expedia group.
- Fully own your role as an SDET. We highly value strong QA role ownership and are looking for someone to not only advocate for QA within the product team but also prioritize the best practices that have made QA successful.
- Analyze and decompose a complicated software system and design a strategy to test this system.
- We release to production every week, so regression is never far away, your ability to quickly automate your sprint work in a logical manner will be key.
- Build advanced automated test suites to exercise our world-class applications.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies and help implement.
- Help define, promote, and ensure adherence to quality assurance processes such as test plan reviews, defect management, risk/complexity analysis, and regression test maintenance.
- Interface with 3rd parties on requirements, testing, and problem troubleshooting, as needed
- BS degree or equivalent.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience, including software development and/or test automation experience.
- API Testing/Automation experience.
- Solid understanding of common SWQA and SW development processes and methodologies - especially with working in an Agile environment with continuous integration/continuous delivery best practices.
- Understanding of multi-tier web application architecture and deployment.
- Experience testing database driven applications including data validation using SQL.
- Some level of UNIX and/or Linux command line experience.
- Genuine enjoyment of SWQA/SDET work.