Cielo on behalf for Honeywell is recruiting the best talent
- Write a variety of documentation materials (guides, manuals, errata cards, internal procedures/processes, labels)
- Create documentation in a variety of media (hardcopy, web files, etc.)
- Manage new and sustaining product development documentation
- Work closely with NPI and sustain engineering team, regulatory and marketing.
- Research technical information via design documents, prior products, competitor products, internet/intranet, etc
- Create documentation plans to define project requirements and deliverables
- Publish in-house documentation when required
- Communicate with off-site printers
- Create Lexicon files, lay up translations, and communicate with Translators
- Update internal processes and procedures for technical writer and make accessible on the training matrix
- Provide copy editing support to other writers in Technical Publications
- Liaise with other production sites regarding documentation.
- Manage several projects simultaneously.
Basic Candidate Qualifications:
- Degree in Visual Communications and/or English (additional specialized education in technical writing is preferred)
- 2+ years industry experience preparing technical documentation
- Experience with documentation software: Adobe FrameMaker, Adobe InDesign. MadCap Flare.
Experience with Image editing and vector tracing software: Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat.
- Experience with documentation version control.
- The ability to problem solve quickly and successfully.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and non-verbal).
- Excellent visual skills (layout and graphics).
- Must have strong investigative and analytic skills (research, interview SMEs, test product, etc).
- Soft skills are required to communicate with a variety of personalities.