Objective: This position is responsible for taking a product from the R&D phase all the way to mass production phase as part of the product life cycle. This position supports the R&D and design team in performing design for manufacturability (DFM), design for quality (DFQ) and design for cost (DFC) analysis, ensuring the new product meets manufacturability, quality and cost targets.
- Manage new product development projects.
- Establish test system and standards for the new product.
- Coordinate with design engineering to improve the design concept and simplify manufacturability.
- Perform production cost and manufacturability analysis of R&D concepts, designs, engineering prototype assemblies and components including production tooling.
- Monitor, verify and maintain BOMs (Bill of Materials) in the SAP system.
- Create assembly and test instructions to support NPI and train production personnel.
- Works to meet project objectives and timelines, relating with cross functional groups for smooth execution and coordination of development plans for new products.
- Design to manufacture simplify version of possible manufacturing process to achieve cost savings and quality improvements.
- New Product Introduction/Project Engineer with a proven track record in textile industry specializing in custom made products with low volume high mix manufacturing
- Ability to successfully communicate and transfer design work from the project stage to the production stage.
- Process routing and bills of materials with primary emphasis on New Products.
- Knowledge of sewing techniques and equipment.
- Knowledge of fabrics, treads, webbing, and other textile components.
- Ability to work both independently and in teams
- Knowledge on ISO 9000 documentation
- Design engineer, Industrial engineer, Mechanic Engineer or related field of study (full or partial)
- 90% English
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Proficient using office suite and MRP's or ERP's software
- Previous experience in SAP system highly desire
- Proficient in 3D mechanical modeling, 2D, Isometric with CAD software
- Proficiency in LEAN and Six Sigma practices