This position is responsible for corporate application architecture, development, strategy, standards, and administration for EPICOR on a global basis supporting all internal CRM applications. The Application Systems Analyst will be supporting internally facing application development and support for all CRM systems including Epicor Clientele, ServiceNow and Legacy CRM application deployments.
SKILLS REQUIRED: Degree in Computer Science and extensive experience with a range of CRM software products. The Application Systems Analyst is expected to have extensive experience with software development methodologies, Epicor CRM application systems (Clientele, ServiceNow) and understand the importance of mission critical information systems. This person is expected to stay abreast and incorporate Epicor's emerging software technologies and new design approaches as well as the following skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- At least five years of development experience in a professional capacity with MS NET technology and Java.
- Experience establishing information systems Standards and best practices in high availability and scalability environments.
- Application Development tools and Design
- Be able to work as a team and interact professionally.
- Provide overall business process overview knowledge.
- Maintain design and technical documentation for all applications and configurations.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: In order of importance, describe the principal accountabilities of your position in a series of condensed statements. Use no more than four to six statements to emphasize the end result against which some measure of performance can be applied.
- Design, code, test and implement new software applications for EPICOR internal application deployments to meet business' growing needs.
- Provide production support and bug fixes to defects reported by business in a timely manner.
- Generate functional specifications based on users' requirements.
- Upgrade application platform with newer versions when necessary.
- Assist with the system recovery from application crashes. Maintain current patches and release enhancements for application server and assess impact on currently running applications.
- Optimize application performance through proactive maintenance.
- Perform application tuning, monitoring, and security administration.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
Minimum education or equivalent work experience:
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field.
- At least 5 years of progressive experience of CRM Applications Development with Off-the-Shelf (preferably Epicor), ServiceNow, Custom development, and some experience in technology industry desired.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in information systems development
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Master's Degree desirable.
Specialized or technical knowledge required (with minimum years experience)
- Experience managing large scale information system and application development and sustainment.
- At least five years of development experience with Visual Basic and SQL databases. MS SQL Server experience is preferred
- At least three years of development experience with SAAS and Cloud Base architectures
- Technical understanding of Software Development Tools, Testing Methodologies, Application and database performance, web services technology etc.
- Demonstrated strong technical writing skills, translating business requirements into functional specifications.
COMMUNICATIONS SKILLS: Identify key communication skill requirements and internal and external interface requirements
- Good team player working with other team members in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Good verbal and written skills for development of application System and effectively communicate with the business communities when necessary.