Sr Software Engineer
The Americas Digital Factory team helps manufacturing operations realize operational efficiency and improve employee productivity by deploying effective and efficient Digital Factory tools.
Unleash your creativity and imagination in the digital space as a Software Systems Engineer with the Americas Automotive Digital Factory team. Create futuristic / state-of-the-art software applications to enable and unlock the value of data in the manufacturing arena. Connect to manufacturing processes to stream data and perform real time analytics to improve process yield and the products of the highest quality by using the best software and hardware architecture.
The Americas Digital Factory team develops future of human machine interaction for wearable computing by developing Augmented Reality / Virtual Reality applications using various devices (Microsoft HoloLens, HTC Vive); develop cloud based applications and real time analytics
This role will report to the Senior Manager ? Strategy | Digital Transformation ? Automotive Americas and will work closely with the Global Digital Engineering Services organization.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science / Electrical / Electronics Engineering with hands on software development experience
- Experience in a manufacturing setting or automotive manufacturing
- 3-5 years of software development experience in a fast-paced setting
- Hands-on experience with agile software development methodology
- Develop software systems for digitization of manufacturing sites located in U.S., Mexico, India and Brazil
- Work closely with digital factory champions located at various sites in Americas
- Roll-out and Train operators, supervisors and Engineers for Digital Factory Tools during onsite trips
- Monitor performance of rolled out systems and work with Corporate IT to find fast and effective resolution
- Work with process owners to obtain feedback for user experience and work with Corporate IT to find resolution
- Monitor usage of system and report out monthly metrics to the Management
- Prepare plant specific documentation and help files for training /end user needs
- Establish and maintain communication between customer and trouble owner
- Serve as the Lead for Data mining and Analytics of manufacturing process data
- Ability to travel on short notice to manufacturing sites located in Americas