Eaton's Power System division is currently seeking a Purchasing Supervisor to join our team. This position is based at our Querétaro facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this role you will:
- Issue requests for quotes/proposals (RFQ/RFP) and select best source within current suppliers (for new suppliers sourcing needs to be involved) consistent with cost, quality and delivery requirements. Negotiate and manage long term pricing/ supply agreements on all commodities.
- Act as a liaison between suppliers, commodity manager and all involved departments act plant level to resolve
procurement related problems.
- Maintain and assure accuracy of Material and supplier master on SAP, for new and existing products information and PIR, including lead-time, pricing, current supplier information (supply agreements, assure complete valid contracts available & LTA's) current purchase order data, etc.
- Monitor supplier performance by ensuring that product is delivered as scheduled and meets specifications; maintaining appropriate files and records of meetings with suppliers to ensure company requirements are met and that supplier is aware of their performance.
- Arrange and follow up quarterly review with critical suppliers / Focus Five Process
- Deploy strategic purchasing plans and to maximize savings and reach company goals.
- Negotiate prices, delivery terms, minimum order quantities, etc. With suppliers to meet company goals.
- PPV analysis responsible
- Cost PIR SAP
- Purchasing forecast involvement for critical suppliers
- Support ECR/ECN quoting related current suppliers and major changes
- Support the BCM process for critical suppliers.
- Make vs buy analysis
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment
decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Business Administration or Engineering degree
- 2 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment (high mix, low demand preferred) on a similar position/role
(strategic buyer, commodity manager)
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Administration or equivalent.
- Demonstrated success on COP or similar strategies.
- Strong capabilities in SAP
- Knowledge on ISO9001 /14000 or IATF Quality System. ? Quality Auditor desirable
- At least Foundational knowledge CTPAT and OEA certifications Relocation assistance is not available for Strong
Financial analysis skills
- Strong Project management skill
- Strong Negotiation Skills for direct material in manufacturing environments.
- Strong on Problem solving Techniques
- Strong coordination and communication skill with inter and external customer and supplier.