The Pennsylvania Chemical project is a world scale petrochemicals facility to be constructed in Monaca, Pennsylvania, USA ? thirty miles north of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The project is employing an approach to its execution which includes modules that will be assembled at a contractor module yard in Tampico. The position is in an industrial port area near the city of Tampico, Mexico. Security controls will be in place for this work location.
Testing and Completions Engineer role is for the Pennsylvania Chemicals modularization program being executed at module assembly yard in Tampico, Mexico. This role requires extensive field inspections associated with piping installation, pressure testing and restoration of piping systems of preassembled process modules and pipe racks.
- Provide oversight and technical assistance to the Contractor for pressure testing activities. Monitor implementation of Contractor's program for hydro test water quality and calibration of testing equipment.
- Interpret design drawings.
- Implement Inspection and Test Plans for pressure testing activities, including verification of ITP hold points and witnessing pressure tests.
- Perform pre-test walkdowns, witness pressure testing and drying operations, perform restoration walkdown for completed piping systems.
- Perform inspections of flange faces, conduct flange alignment checks and general surveillance of flange management works.
- Update progress data, work to go, punch lists and NCRs for efficient tracking and reporting.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, with minimum 10 years' experience performing field inspections as a Piping Field Engineer, Pipe Testing Field Engineer; in Oil & Gas or Petrochemical projects. Equivalent experience as Welding Engineer / Inspector is also acceptable.
- Good working knowledge of Welding and Piping disciplines, System Turnover and ASME codes.
- Must have experience in both direct hire and subcontracted execution in large scale asset development projects.
- Must have experience in self-performing pressure testing, hydro test water quality management, inspection of piping systems.
- Intermediate skill level with Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Experience using TEAMWorks or equivalent database based reporting systems for punch list generation, tracking and close out
- Fluent in English; Spanish preferred
Applicants must have authorization to work in Mexico. Visas will not be sponsored.