Professional in the accounting space with knowledge related to accounting processes & procedures / compliance, continuous improvement, analysis & reporting, systems & data management.
This position is a resource for any of the Accounting areas of the domain: corporate accounting, distribution businesses, trading businesses or cost accounting. It is responsible for financial statements analys and cost certification of the businesses
Processes performed by this position includes:
· performing analysis regarding accounting of the business units
· ensuring reliable financial reporting through adequate controls
· regulations and corporate policies in financial statements reflecting the accuracy & entirety of the business transactions,
· validating balance sheet and P&L certified by external auditors among others.
· 1: ACCOUNTING PROCESSES & PROCEDURES / COMPLIANCE
· CBS Liaison in monthly preparation of financial statements by business unit
· Collaborate on accounting issues facilitating analysis to impact business decisions
· Utilizes business knowledge to interpret results and provide alternatives to stakeholders
· Monitors internal control deficiencies/risks and raises issues to sr accountants of the team or to manager/ supervisor.
· Assists members of the team in year-end audits.
· Helps in the preparation of statutory financial statements that is handed by senior accountants of the team to to manager or senior teammates to review.
· 2: CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT
· Collaborate on identifying and implementing process simplification, standardization and improvement across legal entities.
· Identifies opportunities to improve data integrity and drive consistency for streamlined effective management reporting.
· Looks for opportunities to leverage CBS / A&F activities.
· Be part of team that focus on accounting continuous improvement
· 3-ANALYSIS & REPORTING
· Help sr accountants in preparing some accounting report packages and for garanteeing its financial accuracy: (monthly reconcile commercial P&L, cost analysis, , tax reporting and others) .
· Helps sr accountant in the in the communication of those accounting packages to finance peers, to internal & external stakeholders.
· Has an understanding of cost accounting and act as a support for the sr accountants in creation, development and analyzis of key reports on this subject that support some businesses decisions and also help understanding its level of efficiency.
· 4: SYSTEMS & DATA MANAGEMENT
· It is part of the team that work on the definition, development and settlement of procedures used to extract, consolidate and validate information from the current systems.
· Based on his knowledge of Accounting Policities and Procedures, can activalely participate to evaluate new system capabilities or also be part of improvement projects of the present Cargill systems.
· Due to its Accounting knowledge, works together with businesses to understand its systmes issues and needs and it is part of the team that apply solutions to the accounting systems.
· Can conduct specialized training for business unit people.
· Ad Hoc projects as assigned
· Education Guidelines
Required Qualifications - Technical
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting OR Finance
Proficiency in excel and
3 or more years of
Proficiency in general
Knowledge of ERPs SAP (JDE,
One World, Lynx)
Required Qualifications ? Soft
Knowledge of ERPs (SAP,
JDE, One World, Lynx)
Knowledge of Cargill
tools and applications
Knowledge of Mexico
manufacturing business units
Ability to communicate, influence and build trust
across multiple stakeholder groups
Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities
and projects effectively
Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills,
including strong financial analysis and attention to detail
Ability to lead, adapt and learn in a changing work
Ability to work both independently and in a team
Experience leveraging financial and business
systems to monitor business activities and aid in decision making
Lugar de Trabajo: MX-Ciudad de Mexico