Job Description Summary
Sensata's Global Planning and Logistics team is looking for an experienced Transportation Analyst, whom will report to the Regional Logistics Manager. This professional will focus on transportation projects as well as reporting.
- Provide leading practice knowledge into transport routing design, optimization, and service expectations with all Sensata appointed carriers for entire US region.
- Apply Oracle and analytical methods to continuously optimize transportation using capabilities such as simulation, transportation costing and statistical analysis
- Overseeing the creation of entire US region RFPs for different Transportation modes (Truckload, Less-than-Truckload, Ocean, Air Freight and Small Parcel)
- Monitor, review and suggest improvement recommendation on Key Performance Indicators for different Transportation modes for entire US region and take action when appropriate (monthly basis)
- Plan, drive, implement and make recommendations for freight savings programs to drive costs out of the supply chain for US region
- Monitor and lead our Fuel Optimization Program in order to ensure lowest overall operating cost
- Drive MAKE or DC on improving on-time delivery performance and drive carrier improvements in transportation strategies to enable on time delivery performance on month KPI 98% inbound and outbound
- Engage with MAKE and DC within region in monitoring monthly carrier performance and delivery on time to customer.
- Track damages and claim recovery from Sensata core carriers that affecting US region on monthly basis
- Set-up KPI dashboards to monitor carrier performances (spend, transit times, quality)
- Create clear Standard Operational Procedures to support business in carrier transitions
- Bachelor degree in Logistics, Transport, Supply Chain or related field
- Proven experience or knowledge in Logistics/Transport
- Analytical, planning and organizational skills with attention to detail
- A team player with interpersonal and strong communications skills in English (other languages are a plus)
- Self-starter with ability to work independently, prioritizing workloads & multi-tasking
- Hand-on, winner's mentality
- Demonstrate ability of decision making and problem solving
- Works well in a pressured & demanding environment
- Strong PC skills especially Oracle, Excel and Access (MS office)