Interface with all Bendix CVS suppliers in the following areas: quality performance and expectations, interpretation of requirements per engineering drawings and specifications, and supplier improvement, development and audits.
- Lead improvement & development activities with Bendix North America Suppliers (United States, Mexico, Canada).
- Bendix manufacturing plant responsibility for supplier APQP on new product/transitions (measurement standardization, quality requirements, and on-sight PPAP validation)
- Acting as liaison between suppliers, group, and plant buyers, plant quality and engineering. Acting as mediator between suppliers and plant quality when problems arise (Dispute process).
- Conduct audits related to approving new suppliers, supplier development, and product safety.
- Approving Supplier PPAP's
- Approval of supplier 8D's
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Highly motivated individual
- Must be able to work with constant interruptions
- Blue Print Interpretation and GD&T
- Plastic or Machining (CNC) experience (Preferred)
- Automotive background (Preferred)
- Quality Core Tools
- TS16949 or QS9000 exposure
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications such as Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering/Science/Industrial Management. (Will consider other types of Bachelor's degrees only with significant quality management experience +10 years)
- ASQ certification (CQE, CQA, CQM) preferred
- Working knowledge of IS9000:2000 and TS16949 standards required.
- Sound knowledge of Automotive Industry Action Group (AIAG) modules including PPAP, Statistical Process Control (SPC), Measurement System Analysis (MSA), Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (FMEA), Advanced Quality Planning & Control Plan (APQP).
- Possesses working knowledge of audit methodologies i.e. process audits, walk the control plan, product audits, etc.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the field of automotive tier 1 quality required.
- Experience in several AIAG modules required. Prefer experience in all modules.
- Experience in auditing to IS9000:2000 and TS16949 standards preferred