At CompuCom, our vision is to empower people to achieve the highest levels of performance by making technology work for them - anywhere, anytime, on any device. Our mission is to elevate the technology experience through dynamic, proactive and seamless support that energizes people's business and personal lives, and to make it a reality, we need you to join our talented team. If you are interested in expanding your career in one of the best companies to work in Mexico, this is your chance.
At CompuCom, an Attorney Jr (to provide support on a variety of corporate, commercial, regulatory, and administrative matters. CompuCom is a provider of managed IT and digital workspace services based in Fort Mill, SC with operations in the US, Canada, Mexico, and India. The Legal Assistant will be responsible for supporting the Business Services organization, which provides a range of technology and business services to consumers and small/medium businesses.
Under the direction of an attorney, the Legal Assistant will research and resolve routine legal issues, assist with commercial transactions, and prepare legal documents. The Legal Assistant also will provide support to attorneys, including the CompuCom SVP & General Counsel, on administrative matters, including meeting scheduling, preparation, and maintenance of reports and files, travel arrangements, etc.
- Gather and analyze research data, such as statutes, decisions, and legal articles, codes, and documents
- Under the direction of an attorney, prepare, draft, and maintain various documents, including customer and vendor contracts, customer terms and conditions, marketing materials, and other documents associated with the Business Services organization
- Assist in reviewing marketing and other customer-facing materials for compliance with legal and other internal requirements
- Track and manage legal matters and their related expenses. Prepare reports regarding status, progress, and costs of matters managed or handled. Recognize and report on trends and problem areas; recommend courses of action to promote efficiency and cost-effective measures
- Assist with the management of outside counsel and internal personnel on matters
- Create and update spreadsheet files and reports
- Prepare, send, and receive confidential correspondence, reports, and other documents
- Coordinate and arrange meetings, assist in making appointments, and arrange travel schedules and reservations
- Maintain task lists and monitor deadlines
- Create and maintain filing systems
- Other duties/tasks as may be assigned
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex legal and business documents. Ability to respond discreetly and effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on controversial and/or complex topics to all levels of management.
- Ability to work independently to initiate and coordinate projects.
- Well organized with a strong sense of priority, urgency, and commitment to deadlines.
- Ability to manage workload and prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently while functioning well in a team environment.
- Ability to understand general business operations, issues, and dynamics beyond the scope of basic legal issues.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint & Excel).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Experience with document retention procedures.
Educational and Other Requirements:
Bachelor's degree required, paralegal certificate preferred.
Experience working in the technology sector and consumer or SMB experience preferred.
Advanced English Level.
If you are bilingual and you want to know more about the opportunities we have for you, please send us your resume, and we will contact you to initiate a process.
At CompuCom we are convinced that our strength relies on our workforce diversity; therefore our culture is based on non-discrimination, respect, and work-life balance.