About the company
TangoSource is a boutique digital agency that specializes in speeding up the development process for modern web and mobile products.
We believe in the power of innovative ideas and their social resonance when backed-up with technology. They can change the world or make it more simple. They can help diabetes patients with their medications, or guide a lost driver in the night. We provide the technology to back up these ideas with a partnership mindset. Adding our grain of sand to the world on each project we work for.
By working in TangoSource, you can expect to be challenged, to work hard and learn fast; you are going to develop your skills and increase your knowledge. And the best part? you are going to help bringing innovative ideas to life.
The Rails Developer is a member of a technology team. In this role, you will be responsible for delivering valuable software. This will involve adhering to technical standards, company values, and industry best practices. Your success in this position will require you to set and meet appropriate expectations with your team and delight customers by anticipating their needs. You will be accountable for meeting commitments and producing quality, tested software. High output, driven developer, able to work in a team setting.
Here are some tools we use in our development process:
- Rails 5
- Some of our favorite gems: devise, simple_form, Sidekiq, and many more
- We love writing gems too!
- Oh yeah, and Front-End stuff: CoffeeScript, Bootstrap, HTML5, AngularJS, etc.
- Server Management with AWS and Puppet
- Git, Gitlab
- Continuous Deployment through Jenkins
- Atlassian products (HipChat, JIRA, Confluence).
- Bachelor's degree in computing science or similar
Here are some of the areas we expect our candidates to know:
- We are looking for a Rails developer with 2+ years industry experience.
- Here are some of the skills/experience successful candidates will have:
- Ruby as a language, not just Rails
- Deployment and Server Management
- REST API Development
- Front-end Development (HTML, SCSS, CoffeeScript)
- Testing with RSpec, Jasmine
- AWS ECS and CloudFormation
- Hybrid app development
- Christmas Bonus 15 days
- Vacation days 10
- Vacation Premium 25%
- Medical insurance Yes
- Flexible schedule