- Assist in establishing basic project design objectives and the selection of design approaches.
- Develop design concepts from verbal, written, or physical descriptions and/or specifications while applying Design for Manufacture and Design for Assembly concepts. Includes completing design layouts of components, assemblies, and products.
- Participate in design review activities.
- Prepare and revise robust solid models and detail drawings of complex components and assemblies from design layouts, marked prints, sketches, and verbal instructions.
- Prepare Engineering Notices and structure bills of material for assemblies.
- Participate in the construction of prototype parts and assemblies as well as other experimental and pre-production types of activities.
- Work with internal and external tool makers, fabricators, and process partners to optimize designs and processes.
Use CAD to produce robust 3D models. Assist engineers to get prototypes created. Work with multiple functions within the organization to design and engineer refrigeration products that will lead in the marketplace.
- A 4-year college degree in Engineering / Design Technology or a minimum of a high school diploma and 3 + years experience.
- Experience using PTC Creo Parametric, Solid Modelling, Sheet-metal, Detailing / Drawing generation
- Been able to understand and read GD&T - per ASME STD
- Exposure to manufacturing processes and component design for these processes
- Understanding / Knowledge of Advanced Modelling techniques like : Surface Modelling, Flexible Modelling, Top-down design techniques
- Experience / knowledge on Injection molded / Thermoforming / Thermoformed / extruded plastics parts design and manufacturing is a Plus++.Knowledge of gas assist and two-shot part design
- Ability to conceive and visualize ideas and concepts from verbal and written instructions; and the ability to articulate ideas and concepts to others
If you are interested please send your English resume to the recruiter with the subject
Product Designer / Yout name