Your future team
AIG has an unsurpassed global travel insurance underwriting capability through AIG's insurance operations in more than 100 countries. Millions of leisure and business travelers alike rely on Travel Guard®, AIG Travel's portfolio of travel insurance solutions and global assistance services, to help them recover from unexpected circumstances that can interrupt their travel plans. Through eight wholly owned, state-of-the-art global service centers, customers have access to 24/7 emergency travel assistance, medical and security services with more than 40 languages spoken on-site. We help people travel more and worry less.
This position is based in Polanco and reports into a Regional Leader in the US.
Your contribution at AIG
- The Medical Case Manager of the Medical Department is responsible for monitoring medical cases, including medical evacuations, physician visits, and ongoing hospitalized cases.
- In conjunction with the treating physician recommendations and under the direction of the Travel Guard Physician on-duty, the Medical Case Manager serves in a medical advocacy role for the client and directs assistance to the client within the guidelines of the travel emergency assistance policy.
- The Medical Case Manager must exercise independent thinking and evaluate information critically in order to make appropriate decisions that may directly impact the medical outcome of a case.
- Demonstrates clear ability to work with others and promotes a collaborative environment that facilitates growth of other team members and colleagues. Interacts with all personnel in a professional and appropriate manner in order to achieve the objectives of the department and company
- Works in conjunction with medical assistance department personnel to effectively work toward and direct medical case management assuring that the client receives quality assistance services.
- Works with assistance coordinators to assure quality assistance services to the client by directing case management in relation to medical needs
- Confers with Travel Guard Physician on-duty on medical cases to determine optimal direction of case management.
- Participates in the education and training, both formal and informal, to include call center staff, Claims, and all areas as appropriate
What we are looking for
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Degree: Associate/Technical or Bachelor of Science - Preferred
- Licensure: Medical Doctor
- Experience: Demonstrates personal expertise and knowledge in emergency/critical care (minimum of 3years)
- Demonstrates critical independent thinking and ability to multi-task in situations wherein the outcome is time sensitive
- Effectively manages computer technology, typing and word processing
- Advanced to Bilingual English level (mandatory)
---------------Only CV's submitted in English will be considered-----------------
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission ? creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.