Points and Inks Operations Manager
BIC® products are known and appreciated all over the world for their quality, their affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, the one-piece shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® one of the best known international brands, present in 3.2 million retail outlets, in more than 160 countries. As we explore the tremendous opportunities ahead, we have a need for dedicated and dynamic employees to help build our team. With a strong commitment to encouraging future and current team members to “Unlock the Best You!” the BIC People Promise reinforces the principle that people are at the heart of its business success. BIC is committed to its team members and to the promise of helping them unlock their full potential.
- Points and inks operations manager reports to Sr. Operations Manager
- Reports directly to the position: Production Supervisors (2) and Manufacturing Engineers (3). Total head count of the area around 70.
- In charge of lapping, cold forming, machining and inks mixing processes.
- Responsible for the KPIs of the area such as Safety, OEE, Delivery on Time, Scrap, Budget, CAPEX and others.
- Lead all the initiatives of Continuous Improvement (Lean Manufacturing) in the area coordinated with the CI department.
- Manage and control all the resources assigned to the area (People, machines/equipment, budget).
- Assure the accomplishment of the weekly production plans.
- Lead the Engineering team of the area. Propose and execute the Engineering projects.
- Coordinate technical team to perform maintenance programs to the equipment.
- Establish the control process to keep health inventories of raw materials and correct flow in the workshop.
- Responsible for team development (plans and execution) in coordination wih HR team.
- Engineering degree.
- Fluent in English (business conversations).
- 5 to 10 years of experience in Production/Manufacturing areas.
- Knowledge of high precision processes.
- Lean Manufacturing tools experience.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Experience dealing with unionized workers.
- Long-term thinking.
- Master degree
- Kaizen certification (yellow, green or black belt)
- Metal machining processes knowledge.